Bottled Blue Cheese dressing sounds like a quick way to give flavor to this salad, but so many bottled dressing are full of preservatives and sodium. I love cooking with as many fresh ingredients as possible. So I develop my combination of flavor for this blue cheese potato salad.
- 3 pounds medium red-skinned potatoes (about 5)
- ¼ cup Rice Vinegar
- ½ cup Crema Mexicana, preferably or you use sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons hot mustard
- 4 ounces Crumbled blue cheese
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- ½ cup medium white onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- ¼ cup diced pimientos
- ¼ cup diced jalapeno peppers
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fill a large pot with about cup of water and add salt. Then place a steamer basket inside of pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a rapid simmer. Add potatoes to steamer basket; cover and let steam for about 25 minutes or until tender. Do not let potatoes over cook.
- Remove potatoes and allow cooling, then peeling, slicing potatoes into ¼” thick slices.
- While potatoes are cooling, make the dressing. In a large bowl, combine rice vinegar, Crema, mayonnaise and hot mustard, blend well. Then add blue cheese and eggs; mix well.
- Once potatoes have cooled, to the dressing add onions, celery seeds, pimientos, and jalapeno peppers, then combine potatoes to the dressing a little at a time making sure not to break potatoes or mash them.
- Add chopped parsley; hold a little back for garnish. Salt and pepper to taste; it should not require too much salt due to the blue cheese. Then place potato salad in refrigerator for about an hour or until you are ready to serve. Enjoy!!