Bring the bold and beloved fresh flavors of lemon and blueberries together to make this wonderful breakfast treat. Great with your coffee or tea.
- 3 cups cake flour
- ¼ cup of regular flour to dust blueberries
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ cups butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cups milk
- 1 tablespoons fresh squeeze lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of lemon zest
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of lemon curd
- 1 ½ cups of fresh blueberries
- Pre- heat oven to 350° degrees. Grease and flour 10” tube pan.
- In mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar ½ cup at a time, creaming well after each. Then add lemon juice and zest mix well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and mix well after each egg.
- Add lemon curd and milk to the creamed mixture.
- Combine and sift together dry ingredients and add little at a time to mixture mixing thoroughly until your batter is nice and smooth.
- Place fresh blueberries in a bowl and add flour, coat well then sift excess flour off of your blueberries and add them to your batter. Fold them in and be careful not to mix too hard. You want your blueberries to be nice and plump in your cake.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake until wooden tooth pick inserted in cake comes out clean; about 55 to 60 minutes. After baking let cool for about 20 minutes, then remove from pan and dust with powder sugar for an extra touch.