- Rack of Pork / Crown Roast – (4 – 5 lbs.)
- From the Pantry
Ø Dry Rub
Ø 3 tablespoons Roasted Garlic & Herb seasonings
Ø 2 tablespoons Smoked Paprika
Ø 3 tablespoon dry mustard
Ø 1 teaspoon salt and teaspoon black pepper
Ø ¼ cup Olive Oil
- Balsamic Glaze
Ø 1 cup dark brown sugar
Ø ¼ cup Dijon mustard
Ø 2 teaspoons kosher salt
Ø ½ cup balsamic vinegar
Ø ½ teaspoon ground cloves
Preheat oven to 450°F. Line pan with aluminum foil and place roasting rack on top.
- Combine roasted garlic & herb seasoning, smoked paprika, dry mustard, salt, pepper, and olive oil; rub mixture over pork. Then place rack of pork in roasting pan. Roast for about 30 minutes at 450, and then reduce heat to 400°F for about 55 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches about 120°F.
- While pork is roasting, prepare glaze. Combine in medium sauce pan on low; Dijon mustard, brown sugar, salt, balsamic vinegar and ground cloves. Simmer for about 8 – 10 minutes or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
- Remove pork from oven and brush with glaze and return roast to oven for about 15 -20 minutes or until pork is 145°F. (Use a meat thermometer to determine and ensure doneness.)
- Once roasting is complete, transfer roast to cutting board, cover with foil and let stand for about 15 – 20 minutes before slicing.