Honey Chipotle Salmon
Servings : 4
Prep Time : 15
Cook time: 15 - 20 minutes
Just the right portion size; Salmon is high in protein and fiber. Salmon's reputation as a healthy food is largely based on its unusual omega-3 fatty acid content. It is normal for 4 ounces of salmon to contain at least 2 grams of omega-3 fats - more than the average U.S. adult gets from all food over the course of several days. This omega-3 fat comes in two forms: EPA and DHA. However, salmon is also rich in other properties, such as vitamin D and selenium, each of which have their own powerful health benefits.
- 4 – Salmon Fillets (4 – 5 ounces each skinless)
- Honey Chipotle Rub
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 3 tablespoons Chipotle Powder
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 2 tablespoons Italian Seasonings
- Garnish – fresh scallions and lemon
- Preheat the oven to 450° F – line large baking sheet with aluminum foil (for easy clean-up), then spray non-stick cooking spray on lined baking sheet. If you have a roasting rack, then place the rack on top of foil lined pan.
- In medium size bowl combine honey, olive oil, sea salt, chipotle powder, garlic and onion powder, paprika and Italian season.
- Place the salmon on a plate and spoon the mixture over fillets, spreading it to coat each piece of salmon evenly. Then place each fillet on baking sheet about an inch apart from each other.
- Bake salmon for about 15 – 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from oven and garnish with fresh scallions and serve with lemon slices.
|Baking Pan with Roasting Rack|