Confetti CabbageTaking Cabbage from " Salt Pork and Fat Back " to crisp, full of flavor and with lots of veggies that complement each other. Here is a healthy choice.
- 2 pounds cabbage, shredded
- 1 red, green, and yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 3 carrots, cut in ribbons or julienne
- 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth, low sodium
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 green or red chili pepper, diced
1. Wash cabbage and slice very thin so that it will cook evenly.
2. In large pan, add chicken broth, garlic, and onions and bring to a boil. (about 2 -3 minutes)
3. Then add cabbage, peppers, and carrots and add salt and pepper to taste. Let simmer for about 5 -10 minutes or until tender, (do not over cook). At this point I cut the burner off and cover to finish the cooking process.
4. Serve with a little apple cider vinegar.