I love cooking Corned Beef Brisket the traditional way, it is really simple. All you need to do is cook your brisket in a crock-pot on medium setting for about 4 - 5 hours depending on the size.
· Put the corned beef brisket in a large crock-pot, cover it with water.
· Add garlic and onions, cook on high for about an hour, than reduce the setting to medium and let simmer 3 hours or until nice and tender.
This time I purchased a brisket that was about 6 lbs and it could not fit in my crock-pot, so I decided to roasted in the oven and I tell you what a great success. Nice and juicy with lot's of flavor.
- 1 Corned Beef Brisket - about 5 - 6 lbs with Seasoning Packet
- 1 medium onion diced
- 5 large cloves of garlic minced
1. Pre-heat oven 325 degrees and prepare a large roasting pan with aluminum foil for easy clean up.
2. Place corned beef brisket in roasting pan fat side up and add diced onions, minced garlic and add water to cover brisket.
3. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 4 - 5 1/2 hours (depending on the size). Check the package for cooking time. I estimated about 1 hour per pound. In addition, your oven temperatures may determine how long it will take. In a few hours your kitchen will smell so wonderful.
4. When brisket is done remove from pan and cover in aluminum foil and let rest for about 20 minutes before cutting.