- 1 - 9" pie crust
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut about 1/4" thick slices
- 12 spinach leafs cut in half
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese slice thin or shredded mozzarella low-moisture
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
- 1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon MRS Dash Herb and Garlic seasoning
Preheat oven 375° and spray pie pan with cooking spray. Unfold pie crust and place in pan. With a fork prick crust, then line crust with parchment paper. Fill with pie weights or dried beans. Place on a cookie sheet and bake for about 10 - 15 minutes. Once done remove from oven, then remove dried beans and parchment paper.
Brush pie crust with olive oil and line the bottom of crust with mozzarella slices, then place spinach leafs on top. Season with MRS Dash, then arrange slice tomatoes on top of the spinach. Sprinkle oregano and parmesan cheese on top, bake for about 30 - 35 minutes. Serve hot or room temperature.
|Tomato and Spinach Tart with fresh mozzarella cheese. It's like a deep dish pizza.|
Note: If cheese exudes some liquid while baking, tilt the pan and spoon it off to keep the pie crust from becoming soggy.