This substantial and tasty dish is base on jasmine rice with mixed veggies, chilies, fresh cilantro and lime juice / zest to add a great citrus flavor. All ingredients from the my pantry.
· 2 pounds Large Tiger Shrimp cleaned and deveined (QTY U15 - 15 shrimp per lb)
· 3 cups - Cooked jasmine rice
· 1 cup Mixed frozen veggies (thawed and microwave for about 1 minute)
· 3 large brown eggs
· 4 cloves garlic (minced and divided)
· 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro (divided)
· 1 tsp fresh lime zest
· 1/3 cup fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
· 1/2 chopped onions (divided)
· 1/4 cup Red and Green Chilies (diced, 1 small red and green)
· Soy sauce for seasoning (add to taste)
· Fish sauce for seasoning (add to taste)
· Olive oil or vegetable oil for frying
Marinate Shrimp overnight or for at least 30 minutes. I like using a Ziploc bag for marinating my shellfish and meats.
· 1 tablespoon - Olive Oil
· 1 teaspoon - Smoke Sesame oil
· 1 tablespoon - fresh ginger (minced)
· 2 garlic cloves, (diced)
· 2 tablespoon - Cornstarch
· 2 teaspoon - Chili Sauce ( I like Hokan)
· 1 tablespoon - chicken broth
Add about two tbsp of oil to non-stick wok or large frying pan. Allow wok to get almost smoking hot. Then add eggs, just a little garlic, onions and cilantro and soft fry eggs. Remove eggs from wok and set aside.
Add a little more oil to pan as required. Then add shrimp in batches so your pan will not cool down and will give your shrimp a nice sear. "DO NOT OVER COOK SHRIMP" as soon as they are pink in color and look like the letter "C" remove them and put in a dish and set aside. Repeat this step until all shrimp are cooked.
Add oil as need, then add rice to hot wok, fried eggs, mix veggies, lime zest, balance of onions and garlic and chili peppers. Stir fry until all ingredients, the season to taste with soy sauce and fish sauce, the add lime juice.
Add shrimp back and toss lightly, then add balance of cilantro. Place in serving dish and serve with fresh limes and cucumbers slices.