Another simple but delicious recipe full of flavor. Cooking from the Pantry - Thursday Edition. Flank Steak, Mini Bell Peppers, and French Style Green Beans makes a perfect stir-fry. All ingredients from my pantry for week day cooking. Enjoy
Prep Time 40
Cooking Time 15
|Spicy Stir-Fried Beef with Mini Bell Peppers and French Style Green Beans|
- 1 pound Flank Steak
- 1tsp Soy Sauce (low sodium)
- 3 tbsp Hot Pepper Sesame Oil ( divided)
- 3 tbsp Chili Sauce with Garlic (divided)
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1tbsp minced Garlic
- 1tbsp minced Ginger
- 1/2 White Onion (sliced thin)
- 6 Mini Bell Peppers, slice thin (Red, Yellow, and Orange)
- 4 ounces French Style Green Beans (whole, about 1/2 Cup)
1. Place the steak in the freezer for about 25 -30 minutes, until firm, then with a sharp knife, slice flank steak diagonal (across the grain) into thin strips.
2. In a large bowl mix together, tablespoon hot pepper sesame oil, tablespoon chili sauce, cornstarch, balsamic vinegar, garlic, and ginger. Then add steak to marinade, turning to coat well, cover with plastic wrap and let stand for about 10 minutes.
3. Heat remaining sesame oil, plus teaspoon of olive oil in a non-stick wok or large frying pan. Add balance of chili sauce to oil then add steak in small batches so that your wok will stay nice and hot. Stir-fry each batch for about 1 minute or until steak is browned and tender. (Add additional oil if needed. ) Remove steak from wok or pan and set aside.
4. Add a little olive oil to wok if required and stir-fry peppers, onions and green beans about 1 - 2 minutes or until they are translucent, (do not over cook). Then return steak to wok and toss veggies and steak together. You may at this point add salt & pepper to taste and extra chili sauce for more spicy flavor. Place stir-fry in serving dish and garnish with fresh chopped chives or scallions. Serve with cook rice.
|Served with Jasmine Rice|