|Savory Lump Crab Soup|
Fall has come… so bring on the hearty soups. Savory Lump Crab Soup is one of my favorite. Quick and easy to make with ingredients from your pantry. This base soup foundation is a great starter and you can use Shrimp or Chicken.
Prep Time: 10
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Cloves of Garlic mince
- 1/2 white onions diced
- 2 cups of Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 14.5 ounce can of Dice tomatoes
- 1 medium baking potato diced
- 1cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1/2 medium Red Bell Peppers diced
- 1/2 medium Green Bell Peppers diced
- 1/4 cup fresh diced Red Chili Peppers
- 1 tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 16 ounces Lump Crab Meat
- In medium size soup pot over medium heat, add olive oil, garlic and onions and sauté for about 2 minutes or until translucent. Then add chicken broth, tomatoes and potatoes and let simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add corn, red peppers, green peppers, and chili peppers and let simmer for about 2 - 3 minutes. Then add Old Bay seasoning and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add in crab meat, be careful not to break up the lumps. Let simmer for about 2 more minutes.
- Ladle soup in bowls garnish with chopped chives and serve with your favorite French bread.