Serves – 4
Prep Time 10 minutes – Kale is prepped and 20 minutes if not.
Cook time: about 15 minutes
Combining fresh Kale and diced red, yellow and orange bell peppers quickly sautéed with onions and garlic. This is a fascinating combination of flavors and textures. Be sure to check out my video on how to prep your kale. Enjoy!!
- 1 bunch of Kale ( about 1 pound – washed, stems removed, and sliced)
- ½ Red, Yellow and Orange Bell Pepper, diced
- ½ small – medium white onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup Pine Nuts
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- Salt & Pepper
Let’s get started !!
- In a medium pan over medium heat – add olive oil, onions and garlic and sauté until tender. (about 3 - 5 minutes)
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Then add Kale and let cook for about 5 – 8 minutes.
- Add diced bell peppers, salt and pepper taste. Remove from heat and cover.
- In a small skillet over medium heat add pine nuts, stir nuts until they become lightly brown and toasted.
- Add pine nuts to kale and toss. Then place in serving dish.