Ham Chowder Delight - quick and easy main course or a start to any great meal.
Servings - 6
Prep Time - 5 minutes
Cooking Time - 10 - 15 minutes
- 8 ounces cooked ham, diced in cubes
- 2 cups half and half fat free cream or low fat milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese 1/3 less fat (soften)
- 2 cups diced cooked potatoes ( Simply Potatoes)
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and drained
Quick and Easy Steps
Step 1In 3 - 5 quart soup pot, add fat free half and half and bring to a simmer. Then add cream cheese stir until blended, add potatoes and mixed vegetables. Let simmer for about 3 - 5 minutes then add diced ham chunks. Season to taste with salt and pepper or MRS Dash Garlic & Herb seasoning and continue to let simmer for about 5 minutes.
Serve in soup bowls, garnish with chopped chives and garlic flavored croutons.
Serving size is about 1 cup.