I am a city girl with southern roots. My mother Christine White made the best biscuits in the world and they were always a major part of our meal. Coming from a large family, 6 girls and one boy, this one thing that help stretch our family budget. So to celebrate the onset of fall and try my Pumpkin Biscuits, what a way to start a Sunday Morning!
Prep Time: 10
- 3 cups Bisquick Biscuit mix
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Spice
- 1tsp Salt
- 1 cup Pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Club Soda ( this makes biscuits light and airy)
- 2 tbsp Agave Nectar or ( 2 1/2 tbsp of sugar)
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil (thinking healthy) or ( 3 tbsp of melted butter)
|Pumpkin Biscuits with Maple Syrup|
|Pumpkin Biscuits ready for the oven|
- Preheat oven to 450˚
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients first - biscuit mix, nutmeg, pumpkin spice, and salt, then blend well.
- Add wet ingredients, pumpkin puree, egg, club soda, agave nectar, and olive oil. Blend dough well, then flour your board and scrape dough on board and flour your hands. Knead dough by hand until smooth, but do not handle dough to much. You do not want tough biscuits.
- Pat dough flat about 1/2 - inch and use a 3" biscuit cutter to cut out biscuits. If you are from the old school, you can use a drinking glass. Place on baking sheet about 1/2 - a part and bake for about 12 - 15 minutes or until golden brown. Then remove from oven and serve with "real maple syrup" butter or jelly. Enjoy!
( check out my short video clip on how to handle your dough)