Mushroom Bell Pepper Quiche
Cooking from the pantry on this Sunday morning, making quiche with what ever I have on hand. Today I have mushrooms, various color bell peppers, onions, parsley, eggs, milk, cheese and 9" pie crust. Let's get started.
- 1 cup Portabella Mushrooms (diced)
- 1 cup Bell Peppers (diced)
- 1/2 cup Red Onions / Scallions
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1 cup Sharp Cheddar and Gouda combined
- 5 large eggs
- 2/3 cup of low fat Milk
- 9" Pie Crust
- 1 Small Baking potato (diced)
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
Baking Tools : 4 4 1/2" tart shells or one 9" Pie Dish
Prep time: 15 Cook Time: 30 - 35 minutes Let Stand: 10 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook vegetables in skillet with tablespoon Olive Oil on medium heat, starting with dice potatoes first. Then add the balance of veggies and cook for about 5 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Then remove from heat and let cool.
- Beat eggs and milk in medium bowl with whisk until blended well. Season to taste with salt and pepper or you can use MS Dash Herb & Garlic Seasoning.
- Stir in cooled veggie mixture and 1/2 cup of cheese. Then tart pans or pie pan with pie crust, pour mixture into pie crust and place on baking sheet.
- Bake 30 - 35 minutes, top quiche with remaining cheese; bake 5 to 8 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand for about 10 minutes before serving. Check out my video on 3 Cheese Quiche for Kraft's touch of giving campaign.