Serves - 4
- 4 medium size baking potatoes, washed and dried
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil,tarragon, and thyme combined together
- 4 medium size garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 3 slices of turkey bacon diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- In a medium skillet, add olive oil, turkey bacon and cook until nice and crispy, then add fresh herbs and remove from heat to let cool.
- Place potato on cutting board starting from one end to the other and make slits about 1/8", be careful not to slice all the way through the bottom. Repeat this step for each potato.
- Slip one slice of garlic in between slits (every other slit) of the potatoes until all are evenly distributed. Place potatoes on baking sheet lined with foil and brush them with turkey bacon and herb oil. Season with salt and pepper and bake for 35 - 45 minutes. Inside should be soft and the outside slightly crisp.
- To serve, garnish with fresh chives and a dollop of light sour cream.
|Serve Potatoes with Pork Loin with Peach Glaze|